NYSMCers of all ages, years, instruments, shapes and sizes! You are invited to join us back at Hartwick College this summer for our NYSMC Reunion 2015! (entire page updated 6/30/2015)
Check our Facebook NYSMC Group for the official invitation!
DATE: Saturday, July 11, 2015
TIME: 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm
FEE: $10 (cheap!)
- Covers photocopying, hall rental, hall insurance, refreshments
- Reduced from $25!
- 1:00 pm Anderson Theatre, Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY
- 6:45 pm Damaschke Field, Neahwah Park, Oneonta, NY
- 7:45 pm Brook’s BBQ, 5560 Route 7, Oneonta, NY
(please pay your own bill)
- 10:00 pm (?) The Rail, The Novelty, etc for afterpartying!
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITY on Sun 7/12 10:30am
Campus Tour, meeting at Anderson Theatre, going to Anderson Center for the Arts; Yager Hall; Slade Auditorium; Dewar Hall; Smith Hall
LODGING: You are on your own for this, but we have arranged two excellent options for your reunion convenience and pleasure.
- Hartwick College, Wilder Hall – avail Fri 7/10 and Sat 7/11
- $80/room, limit 2 people per room. Includes one set of linens. Additional linens $20
- Check-in directly at Dewar Hall, 3rd Floor, at any time 24/7
- Super 8 Hotel, 4 Mang Drive, Sidney, NY, 13838-1345 (appx 20 min west of Oneonta) – sorry, nothing in Oneonta was available!
- $85/ night
- Call (607) 563-8880 and reference “Andrea Diamond” (NYSMC reunion co-organizer)
Reunion Schedule O’ Fun!!!
1 pm Official Start Time!
- Meet your organizers; meet the terrific Hartwick College people who supported our nostalgia and made this possible; and meet each other!
- Surprise Singalong
- Sharing Time: Tell us your best NYSMC stories! G-, PG-, R-, and even X-rated tales are welcome. (No PG-13 stuff please. ;D)
2 pm It’s time for THE CAMP QUIZ!!!
- Questions will be provided once again by Deb Swift
- Winner will get something NYSMC-y and historically cool! Plus bragging rights for a whole year. Like Perry Orfanella has for winning last year’s quiz!
- More Sharing Time: How Did NYSMC Change Your Life?
- Alumni Counselor Show! Events will include the Doc Swift Tribute Contest; the Run Like Dr. Z Competition; and if anyone would like to prepare anything to amuse us, like singing an original song, telling a tale, or even re-creating the Best Counselor Show Skits you can Remember, please do so!
3 pm Guided Tour of Anderson
- Conducted by Dr Diane Paige, former chief of HCSMFI and current Chair of the Hartwick College Music Dept. She’ll take us through ALL our old haunts inside of the revered Anderson Center for the Arts — maybe even into OTIS himself! — and shake loose gazillions more wonderful memories for us all. Plus to show us how the place has changed since 1947, 1956, 1984, even 2014!
appx 3:45 pm Break Time. (Or time to recreate Sports Night?)
- Refreshments will be provided in the lobby of Anderson. Nothing big, water, Dunkin, Coffee, that kind of stuff. (Fribbles are just too big to share, as would Center St Deli subs, or I.K. pizza.)
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR THOSE STAYING IN THE DORMS
4:30 – 6:30 is the official dorm check-in time at Wilder Hall, just one hill up from Anderson. Please find a moment within this window of time to secure your overnight accommodations from the Hartwick Resident Assistant who will be in Wilder Hall.
If you miss this check-in time, you will have to go to Dewar Hall, the 3rd Floor Dispatch Desk, open 24/7. Call (607) 431-4000 for any questions, including lockouts, questions, etc.
Payments may be made in cash or check made out to Hartwick College. Thanks and enjoy re-living in the dorms!
4 pm Concert Choir Rehearsal!
- Volunteer accompanists and section leaders may be needed – anyone wanna grab the chance?
- I have a friend who will be serving as our Reunion Accompanist coming in to help! Hey, maybe he can even conduct us a la Dr. Bob!!!
- I have added BONUS music in case we want to sightread!
5 pm The BIG NYSMC Reunion Centerpiece: The NYSMC Alumni Choir sings together.
Hearts will overflow. Tears will run like the road rising to meet you.
6 pm Let’s take a little break. We will need it after ending with the “Old Irish Blessing.”
7:02 pm CONCERT! We are singing the National Anthem Live at Damaschke Field for the Oneonta Outlaws Baseball Team, thanks to their GM Steve Pindar!
- Please line up under the 3rd base stands at 6:50pm, and be ready to walk onto the field at 7pm
- Directions and info may be found on the Outlaws website.
7:45 pm DINNER at Brook’s BBQ party room!
930 pm LIGHTS OUT … NAHHHHHH!!!! It’s time for the NYSMC AFTERPARTY where you party like the very naughtiest of NYSMC Counselors! (the Rail, Autumn Cafe, Novelty Lounge, woohoo!)
Optional Bonus Reunion Stuff – Sun Jul 12
1030am – 12pm Nostalgic Walking Tour of all our old haunts. I have arranged with Hartwick College for the following buildings to be open for us: Yager Hall/Slade Auditorium; Anderson Center for the Arts; Dewar Hall; Smith Hall
- 12:01pm / Tearful farewells … until next year!
Thank you all for keeping NYSMC alive.